If you are with an employer that is not applying for your GC, it is time for you to consider transferring your H1B, and applying for a GC immediately. Given the turbulent political climate and the constant tightening of immigration policies, it would be wise to get your GC process started as soon as possible. We are actively hiring experienced consultants that are looking for both H1B and GC sponsorship. Discuss your case with one of our managers so you can explore your options.
(Use the calendar at the bottom of this page to schedule an appointment with us)
What should you look for in a new employer before transferring?
1. GC Processing
3. Financial Stability / Payment History / Employee Feedback
4. Strong Placement History
GC is a long and arduous process. Find an employer willing to get your GC started right away. Ask them about the processes they have in place to overcome the usually restrictive GC requirements like prevailing wages, ability to pay, use of experience gained within the same organization etc.
If you work for one of the Big 5 consulting MNCs, you should consider transferring your H1B and applying for a GC immediately. Your project could end soon, or GC may not be an option in the future given the changing political conditions, if you wait till the last moment.
*** We can get your GC started within 60 days of joining us. ***
Discuss your timelines with our recruiting managers when you speak with them on the phone. Our compensation structure is also better than the Big 5 consulting firms.
Did you know that there are a number of H1 regulations that are almost always violated by most employers? Here are some examples:
* It is OUTRIGHT ILLEGAL to charge the employees for H1B fees. Yes, it is ILLEGAL. Do you want to jeopardize your future with an employer that charges you?
* Similarly situated employees should be paid equally. Meaning two people in the same metro filed at the same wage level cannot be paid differently. But it happens all the time, especially when you are working on percentage basis.
* Employers should have an established and documented wage policy that is implemented consistently across the board. But the pay rates for most consulting companies are all over the map, which is a clear violation. One Java developer is making $30/hr, while a different one is making $55/hr.
* While I-9 forms may look simple, most employers get tripped up on I-9 audits, which have become very common. Did your employer update your I-9 after your H1B was approved - most probably not!
These regulations have not been enforced by the USCIS in the past, but we all know that times have changed with Trump in the office. We are already seeing the impact on the H1B cap cases filed with Level 1 wages. You don't want to wait until the axe falls, and your employer is audited. Find an employer who has figured out how to work within the rule of law, while maintaining the flexibility and pay levels that you wish to earn.
Financial Stability / Payment History / Employee Feedback
You guys are all smart enough to know that you should join a well-funded company, that has a history of paying their employees on time. Employers with 100+ consultants are usually well-funded to withstand any market downturns. But more importantly, talk to other consultants who work there. But there is one more aspect to this. When your employer files for your GC, they need to show the ability to pay (because GC is a future job). And not all employers are funded well enough.
At the end of the day, you want to get placed and stay billable. Work with an employer that has a lot of varied clients, not just a handful of major clients. So if your project ends, they can always place you with one of their other clients.
Where do we stand?
* We invest heavily in our immigration process to make it impeccable. We are able to meet all the regulations and requirements, while also maintaining the pay and flexibility that you desire.
* We are financially very strong, and we have planned for market downturns and extended periods between projects. Our recruiters can tell you more.
* We have made more than 500 placements in the last few years, in over 30 states nationwide. If you are motivated, we can get you placed in a matter of weeks. We have a number of candidates that got placed within the first week.
* We will apply for your GC immediately after H1B approval. And we have 100% success rate with GCs. We got 4 GCs approved just this month.